Landlord Gas Safety Certificates

Landlord Gas Safety Certificates

It is a legal requirement for all Landlords to have an annual Gas Safety Certificate or CP12.

This includes a detailed inspection of all relevant landlord owned gas appliances on the property and then issuing your Gas Safety Certificate (CP12) and we can also service your boiler if required.

  • Fast efficient service
  • Flexible appointment times
  • We will arrange access directly with your tenant or agent
  • Renewal reminder next year

Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. CO is a highly poisonous gas that can kill quickly with no warning, as you cannot see it, taste it or smell it.

Landlords are legally responsible for the safety of their tenants. Landlords must make sure maintenance and annual safety checks on gas appliances are carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer to ensure their tenants and wider communities stay safe.

If you're a landlord, you are legally obliged to make sure:

  • Gas pipework, appliances and flues provided for tenants are maintained in a safe condition.
  • All gas appliances and flues provided for tenants' use have an annual safety check. Your tenants can report you to the HSE if you do not provide one, so it's important to remember! We will automatically send you a reminder to ensure you never miss one.
  • A Gas Safety Record is provided to the tenant within 28 days of completing the check or to any new tenant before they move in.
  • You keep a copy of the Gas Safety Record until two further checks have taken place.
  • Maintenance and annual safety checks are carried out by a qualified Gas Safe registered engineer.
  • All gas equipment (including any appliance left by a previous tenant) is safe or otherwise removed before re-letting.